Food and Nutrition Services
Office of Food and Nutrition Services
7610 Whitepine Road
N Chesterfield, VA 23237
The Chesterfield County Public School Food and Nutrition Services, as a partner in education, contributes to a successful academic experience. We provide an innovative, nutritious and cost efficient program which strives to encourage a lifetime of good nutrition.
- To serve nutritionally sound meals that are popular and affordable to all students.
- To adhere to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs
- To exceed our customers’ expectations in quality and service
- To encourage students to experience new foods
- To manage all resources efficiently
- To provide an enjoyable, pleasant, customer friendly eating environment
- To advance the public’s image of school breakfast and lunch
- To remain financially self-supporting
- To grow professionally through continuous education
- To maintain high standards of sanitation and safety
- Teamwork between staff, students and community
- Promote the mission as stated by Chesterfield County Public Schools
- Utilize technology as needed to enhance effectiveness of the program
High schools offer a la carte breakfast and lunch programs. All items are sold individually with daily lunch combos offered at a slightly reduced rate, starting at $3.25. Vending services offer water, juices and healthy snacks.
Elementary and middle school lunches cost $1.95 (40 cents is the reduced price), and milk and ice cream cost 60 cents each. Adult lunches at elementary and middle schools cost $3. If a student does not want a complete lunch, milk and food items may be purchased individually. Breakfast is available at elementary and middle schools for $1.25 (30 cents is the reduced price).
Free and Reduced Lunch Application Process
To apply for Free and Reduced priced meals, please fill out an application, sign it and return it to your child’s school immediately or mail it to:
Chesterfield County Public School Food and Nutrition Services
7610 Whitepine Road
N. Chesterfield, VA 23237
Applications packets will be given to all students in elementary and middle schools on the first day of school.
If you were approved for free or reduced meals in Chesterfield last year, your current application will expire on October 14, 2014.
- Free/Reduced meal Application Instructions
- 2014-2015 Free/Reduced meal Application (Coming soon)
Please remember only one application per household. If approved, free or reduced qualifies your child/children for breakfast and lunch
Are you tired of writing checks or searching every morning for cash to pay for your child’s lunch? MyLunchMoney.com can help. There are many benefits to this website, which is secured through Verisign.
- Decrease the chance of your child running out of breakfast or lunch money
- Eliminate the need to send lunch money daily or weekly
- Deduct from your credit card or debit card automatically or by request depending on which method you prefer
- Enable you to check your child’s account for the past seven days to see what they are eating and have purchased
- Allow you to place limits on how your child may spend the money in his or her account. We recommend setting a daily spending limit rather than a weekly spending limit.
- Let you check payment history with MyLunchMoney.com
- Notify you by e-mail when your child’s account balance drops to a certain level.
How does MyLunchMoney.com work?
First, you need a computer with Internet access. Go to MyLunchMoney.com and follow the on-screen direction. We encourage a $10.00 minimum payment. Once your account is set or a payment is made, it will take up to 1 hour for the account to show updates. If there are any problems with MyLunchMoney.com parents can call 1-800-479-3531 and select option 5 to speak with a representative.
Use MyLunchMoney.com to make EASY lunch payments for your child!
Call 1-800-479-3531 or visit www.myLunchMoney.com to enroll in this convenient, free service!
Other helpful links.
Return Checks Policy
In an effort to curb the cost and time our District expends each year in returned checks (Non Sufficient Funds-NSF, Account Closed, Fraud and Stop Payment), Food and Nutrition Services has contracted with Envision payment Solutions. A $50.00 fee is charged for each returned check, plus the value of the check. If you have any questions, please call them at 1-877-290-5460.