Adult Continuing Education
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 7.
Registration and Testing Requirements
- Must be 18 years old and not enrolled in public school.
- Must preregister online at www.GED123.org and bring in printed verification to registration.
- Must register in person to pay and pick test dates.
- Must possess and present a valid DMV license or DMV identification card.
- GED class fee $70.00
- ESOL class fee is $70.00
- GED Online Testing Fee is $120.00
General Educational Development, also known as GED
A GED certificate is equivalent to a high school diploma. Adults who want to earn a GED undergo an assessment, participate in preparation classes, then take tests in reading, writing, social studies, science and mathematics. Fourteen teachers, day and night classes at seven sites and access to computer labs help adults achieve their GED. Preparation classes cost $50, and tests cost $58. GED students whose children are in Head Start may qualify for free tuition.
Register from the comfort of home, any day, at any time. Chesterfield County Public Schools now offers the GED® test on computer, a brand new way to take the test and earn your GED® credential. The GED® test on computer offers test-takers a better testing experience, featuring:
- The Instant Score Report – In an era of instant everything, testing should be no different. Leave the testing center knowing the score you earned on the GED® test.
- Easier User Experience – The 24/7 online registration and scheduling makes scheduling your test a breeze.
- Your Test, Your Time – Each test-taker gets to test at his/her own pace. If a test-taker finishes before the allotted time has expired, there’s no more waiting for the entire room to finish.
Have a better testing experience with the GED® test on computer. Register today and find out where you can take the GED® test on computer in Virginia. Remember: The GED® test must be taken in person, at an official GED® testing center.
With the GED® test on computer, success is just clicks away™. Register today at www.GEDcomputer.com.
English for Speakers of Other Languages, also known as ESOL
Adults learn English in a comfortable environment with friends and family as they improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking. ESOL classes cost $70.
Workforce training benefits everyone: employees, future employees, employers, families, the greater community. At the Chesterfield Technical Center, Adult Continuing Education offers workforce certification classes in building trades, cosmetology theory, dental assisting, medical assisting, legal systems administration, nail technology, nursing assisting, phlebotomy and heating, ventilation and air conditioning. At Bird High School in partnership with Associated Builders and Contractors, apprenticeship classes are offered in heating, ventilation and air conditioning, electricity and plumbing.
Just-for-fun classes are offered throughout the county in eight high schools. Areas of study (and specific examples) are business essentials (grant writing, workplace manners), computers and technology (web page design, digital photography), financial planning (retirement, debt management), languages (Spanish, sign language), home improvement (interior design, maintenance), arts and crafts (drawing, floral design) and special interest (party decorating, golf). Dozens of other classes are also offered.
Super Senior Passport
Super Senior Passports allow Chesterfield County residents who are 60 and older to take some Adult Continuing Education courses for a discounted fee. Details are included in every Adult Continuing Education program guide. The passport also provides free admission to many school events and games. Call 748-1405 or click here to get a Super Senior Passport.