Here are Richmond Family Magazine tips to tackle the winter blues:
- Exercise daily.
- Bask in the sunshine, at least 30 minutes a day. If sunshine is not an option, use light therapy.
- Limit sugar, alcohol and caffeine. Veggies, especially leafy greens, go far in reducing cravings.
- Spend time with friends.
- Journal five points of gratitude daily.
- Focus on your breathing or a candle or a color or whatever can keep you in the moment.
- Try a new hobby or activity. Here’s your chance to take up a musical instrument, volunteer, try pottery, cooking, yoga or rock-climbing — anything to get your oxygen flowing.