Procedure for Obtaining a School Transcript
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 prohibits the dissemination of information from student records without the written consent of the student if he/she is 18 or older or the written consent of his/her parent or legal guardian if he/she is younger than 18.
A transcript is the only verification of education/graduation that we can provide because diplomas are not kept as part of the permanent record. Copies of microfilmed transcripts or immunization records are provided at no charge and require at least five business days for processing. Transcripts can be returned via mail or fax but not by email. (There is only one records clerk for Chesterfield County Public Schools, so the processing time may be extended beyond five days.)
For students who have been out of Chesterfield County Public Schools five or fewer years: Contact the last school you attended. Charges may apply depending on school fee schedules.
For students who have been out of Chesterfield County Public Schools more than five years: Submit this information:
- Your full name as it was listed when you attended Chesterfield County Public Schools
- The year you graduated or last attended a Chesterfield County school
- The last Chesterfield County school that you attended
- Indicate whether you need an official or unofficial transcript (definitions are below)
- Your date of birth
- The last four digits of your Social Security number
- Your signature
- A phone number where you can be reached
- The address or the fax number that you want your documents returned to
- You may submit your completed request by fax (804-279-7320), by mail (Chesterfield County Public Schools, Attn: Student Records, 4003 Cogbill Road, Richmond, VA 23234) or in person (Fulghum Center, 4003 Cogbill Road, Richmond, VA 23234).
Official transcripts are to be used for DMV, further education or vital statistics; they will be sent in a sealed envelope not to be opened by student.
Unofficial transcripts are to be used for personal records or employment verification; they will be sent in an envelope accessible by the student.
Driving directions from Chippenham Parkway: Take the Hopkins Road exit and go east to Cogbill Road. Turn right on Cogbill Road, then right into the second driveway by the marquee for the Thomas Fulghum Center. Continue through the parking lot to the front of the building and enter through the glass doors. After entering the building, you will find a table located to your left. On this table you will find a transcript request form to be completed, as well as the procedure for requesting your transcript. Place your completed form in the black box and your request will be completed within five business days.