The CCPS Office of Family and Community Engagement is partnering with Chesterfield County Public Libraries to provide free college application assistance sessions for students and families preparing for graduation in Spring 2019. Sessions will be held on the following Saturdays between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the Chesterfield County Central Library Branch:
- October 13, 2018
- November 10, 2018
- December 8, 2018
One-to-One sessions will provide families of CCPS students assistance with questions like:
- What are reach schools, competitive schools, and safety schools?
- What is the Common App and the Coalition App?
- What is the difference between Early Action, Early Decision, Rolling Admission, and Open Admission?
- Hints and Tips for Admission Essay Writing. If a student has an essay, we can preview it and provide feedback.
- How to Secure Letters of Recommendation
- College Resume Building: Academic + Extracurricular Activities
- Representatives from GRASP will be on hand to discuss financial options including scholarships