Chesterfield County Public Schools offers prekindergarten at several elementary schools to provide school readiness skills to eligible children with the greatest need. Children who will be four years old by Sept. 30 and who live in the school’s attendance zone may apply for prekindergarten. There are no exceptions to age and residency requirements. Prekindergarten is offered at the following elementary schools:
- Bellwood Elementary
- Bensley Elementary
- Beulah Elementary
- Chalkley Elementary
- Marguerite Christian Elementary
- Crenshaw Elementary
- Crestwood Elementary
- A.M. Davis Elementary
- Ecoff Elementary
- Ettrick Elementary
- Falling Creek Elementary
- Harrowgate Elementary
- Hening Elementary
- Hopkins Elementary
- Jacobs Road Elementary
- Matoaca Elementary
- Providence Elementary
- Reams Road Elementary
- Salem Church Elementary
- Elizabeth Scott Elementary
If you are unsure which school zone you live in, call 804-318-8743 or visit mychesterfieldschools.com.
When and where are applications accepted?
Parents may take their children to any of the application opportunities listed below: choose the one that is most convenient. Acceptance into the program is based on need and not first come, first serve.
- Perrymont, 8610 Perrymont Road
March 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 and April 6, 20 and 27, 1-6 p.m.
- Chesterfield County Fairgrounds, 10300 Courthouse Road
March 15, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Falling Creek Elementary, 4800 Hopkins Road
March 7, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Reams Road Elementary, 10141 Reams Road
March 21, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- M. Christian Elementary, 14801 Woods Edge Road
April 4, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
If you are unsure which school zone you live in, call 318-8743 or go online to the parents section of mychesterfieldschools.com and click “find my school.”
Your child must come with you when applying
Each child will be given a brief developmental screening.
What do you need to bring on application day?
- Parent photo ID
- Child’s certified original birth certificate
- Proof of income by providing one of the following documents:
- W-2 form for each working parent
- 2016 tax form
- Letter from an employer indicating period of employment and salary for each working parent
- Two recent pay stubs for all jobs worked by any parent living in the home
Note: If applicable, also bring SNAP, TANF, SSI, SSA,unemployment and child support documents.
- Proof of residency by providing one of the following documents:
- Rental lease for at least one year or deed of a residence in Chesterfield County
- Contract or lease free of contingencies to occupy a Chesterfield County residence within two months of the date of enrollment
- Resident manager’s letter on company letterhead stating that residence is a corporate residence in Chesterfield County
- Weekly receipts for temporary residence in a hotel or motel for up to 60 days (requires renewal or evidence of more permanent residency within 60 days of enrollment)
Note: Parents submitting a “lives with” form must bring the person they live with, and that person must provide a lease, deed or one of the other proofs of residency. The parent of the incoming student must provide two documents with his or her correct name and address.
A limited number of prekindergarten spots are available. Applying does not guarantee acceptance. Applications received by April 27 will be reviewed equally. Prekindergarten applications are taken year-round. Students who are not initially accepted are placed on a waiting list, in case a spot opens during the year. If you have questions, please call 804-279-7357.
Chesterfield County Public Schools does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, disability or national origin in employment or in its educational programs and activities.