Elementary school adjustments
- Half of a kindergarten class would attend school Sept. 3-4, while the other half would attend school Sept. 5-6.
- Students with last names between A-L will report Sept. 3-4. Students with last names between M-Z report Sept. 5-6. (This may be different for some schools where there is an alphabetical imbalance. Schools where this occurs will notify parents.)
- All K-5 students would report to school starting Sept. 9.
- All students in grades 1-5 report on Sept. 3.
These adjustments will help new students to elementary school reduce anxiety, build community and start their formal education in Chesterfield County in a smaller educational setting with more individualized attention.
Middle and high school adjustments
- The first day of school for students in sixth and ninth grades, and students new to a middle or high school would be Sept. 3.
- All other middle and high school students would report to school on Sept. 4.
The first day for sixth- and ninth-grade students, as well as those new to the school, would be an orientation day. Students would learn schedules and map out their routes, meet teachers and begin to develop relationships, learn locker locations and practice codes, and participate in other activities that will help create a smoother transition.