After seeking and receiving input about the proposed calendar for 2013-2014, the Chesterfield County School Board has revised the proposal and is seeking additional comments from parents, employees and the community.
The revised proposal accompanies this news release and is available online at mychesterfieldschools.com. Before Feb. 7, comments may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Proposed Calendar, Chesterfield County Public Schools, P.O. Box 10, Chesterfield, VA 23832.
Here are some of the changes from the first proposal:
- Students will be dismissed three hours early on six days, rather than nine.
- Nov. 4 is a regular day of school, rather than a student holiday.
- Nov. 5 remains a student holiday but will be used as a parent-teacher conference day instead of a teacher workday.
- Instead of Nov. 27 being an early-release day, it will be a holiday for students and all employees so that Thanksgiving break will be Nov. 27-29.
These details remain unchanged from the first proposal:
- Classes begin Sept. 3, the first Tuesday after Labor Day. Classes end June 13.
- There are 180 student days.
- Winter break is Dec. 23-Jan. 3.
- Spring break is April 14-18.