The Chesterfield County School Board last night approved the calendar for the 2013-14 school year. The adopted version of the calendar reflects feedback received from parents, employees and community members since November, when the first calendar proposal came to the School Board.
The approved calendar accompanies this news release and is available online at mychesterfieldschools.com. Here are details from the calendar:
- There are 180 student days.
- Classes begin Sept. 3, the first Tuesday after Labor Day, and end June 13.
- Nov. 5 will be parent-teacher conference day.
- Thanksgiving break is Nov. 27-29.
- Winter break is Dec. 23-Jan. 3.
- Spring break is April 14-18.
- Students will be dismissed three hours early on six days to provide teachers professional development time (Sept. 25, Oct. 30, Feb. 26 and March 26) and work time (June 12-13).