Look for announcements in September for the location of sign-up.
- ** Students must make sure all student obligations are taken care of before they can sign up for BTW. Students can check.**
- Sign-ups are held every Wednesday by Ms Barker at 2:45 – 3:00 pm. You need to complete all forms: (Also in the main office).
How to sign up for Behind-the-Wheel:
- Students should sign up 3 to 4 months before the date they are eligible to receive their license
- Students should get as much practice in as possible before behind-the wheel training (The 45 hour driving log does not have to be completed at this time).
- Complete and bring the (2) permission forms:
- Enrollment form and 180 day form
- Bring a check for $210.00 made payable to Bird High School
- Bring your learner’s permit
How to obtain a Learners Permit:
- Must be 15 and 6 months old to get learners
- Complete a DL 1M learners permit and driver license application form
- Furnish proof of social security, residency, and original identification document certifying name and date of birth
- Pass a multiple-choice sign and knowledge test. MUST answer all 10-road signs correctly. Students are required to answer at least 80% of the general knowledge questions correctly (20 out of 25).
- Pass a vision test
- Have a digitized photo taken at DMV