Gifted education referrals
Gifted learners are students who show the potential for advanced thinking and reasoning, creativity and high achievement. So that schools can support, challenge, enrich and engage gifted students, Chesterfield County Public Schools conducts an annual referral process to identify gifted students. Students are evaluated during the current school year for services that will formally begin in the 2023-2024 school year.
- Parents, teachers, community members, and students can refer a student for gifted evaluation by filling out this online form.
- Oct. 26 is the deadline to refer students currently in grades 2-12.
- March 1 is the deadline to refer students currently in grades K-1 within Chesterfield County Public Schools.
- A fall assessment opportunity is available for students in grades 2-12 who are not enrolled in Chesterfield County Public Schools but who live in Chesterfield County. This referral deadline is Oct. 26.
- Check out the gifted education overview for more information.
- Details about how Chesterfield County Public Schools identifies, serves and supports gifted learners are available here.