Carver College & Career Academy is a proud member of the award-winning Chesterfield County School System.
Chesterfield County Public Schools is educating more than 58,000 students in 62 schools. Chesterfield County has 38 elementary schools (grades K-5), 12 middle schools (grades 6-8), 11 high schools (grades 9-12) and a technical center.
To find out if our school is the school your child should attend, use the school lookup feature.
For more information about our school district, visit the school division’s website (mychesterfieldschools.com) which is full of information. Additional ways to stay current are Facebook (www.facebook.com/chesterfieldschools), Twitter (twitter.com/ccpsinfo) and School Notes digital newsletter (sign up for School Notes by clicking the envelope icon in the top right corner of mychesterfieldschools.com). Look for Chesterfield EdTV on Comcast Channel 96 and Verizon Channel 26. The school system’s mailing address is P.O. Box 10, Chesterfield, VA 23832, phone number is 804-748-1405, and email is ccpsinfoccpsnet.net.
Our goal is to prepare every student for transition into post-secondary life whether that means higher education, the military or a good paying job.
We are the smallest high school in Chesterfield County. This means there’s a place for each of our students to stand out, whether that’s in academics, athletics or any other aspect of student life.
Students receive a personalized education plan that emphasizes academic rigor, character development, career and technical education and workplace readiness. We provide an education that’s relevant for you while we meet all graduation requirements for either a Standard or Advanced Studies Diploma, through:
- Small class sizes in all of our courses including honors and College-level dual enrollment and Advanced Placement courses
- Unique electives only found at the Carver Academy
- A personalized learning plan based on your college and career interests
- Opportunities for job shadowing, internships or a college experience during your senior year
- Certifications that verify your competence and readiness for a career in demand by business and industry
- A faculty and staff that knows you and are dedicated to your success
Carver College and Career Academy will prepare all learners for transition into post-secondary life through a personalized education plan that emphasizes academic rigor, character development, career and technical education and workplace readiness.
Carver College and Career Academy supports the Chesterfield County Public Schools’ vision and devotes itself to:
- Being committed to the achievement of each individual learner
- Creating a learning environment that fosters the ideals of respect, responsibility, honesty and accountability
- Preparing each learner for future success and to become positive contributors within the community
Learn more about the history of African-American schools in Chesterfield County during the segregated era from the Chesterfield County Public Library. Here are some articles that have been written about our school:
Chesterfield Observer Feb. 13, 2019 https://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/articles/before-desegregation-carver-principal-was-a-strong-man-among-men/