The CCPSOnline program is built for flexibility and offers all students the opportunity to take select middle school courses and high school credit courses online. All courses are taught by licensed CCPS teachers and are delivered through the Canvas learning management system. CCPSOnline helps serve the following needs:
- Provides a high school diploma program for students with a talent and motivation for academic success but are unable to fulfill their goals in a traditional high school
- Provides select middle school courses
- Provides a course or courses for students moving to the school division from schools whose schedules are not compatible and, therefore, are unable to schedule classes in the traditional manner
- Provides additional courses which will allow the students to become current with the student’s appropriate grade level
- Home school/private school students may enroll in a maximum of two courses per year, space permitting
- CCPSOnline is approved by the Virginia Department of Education to be a multi-division online provider. Students residing outside of Chesterfield County may take up to two MOP approved online courses during the regular school year by paying tuition.