The CCPSOnline program is built for flexibility and offers all students the opportunity to choose from a comprehensive collection of middle school courses and high school credit courses online. All courses are taught by licensed CCPS teachers and are delivered through the Canvas learning management system. Students choose coursework through CCPSOnline for a wide variety of reasons related to the need for personalized academic solutions and flexible scheduling, but many students simply prefer or are more successful with online coursework. Students can take all of their courses through CCPSOnline or may wish to take courses in addition to their full schedule in the school of residence. Common reasons families choose CCPSOnline include:
- Provides flexibility in the daily schedule by providing an opportunity to complete coursework anytime and anywhere.
- Provides the opportunity to take additional courses in order to become current with the student’s appropriate grade level
- Provides the opportunity to take additional courses in order to free space in the academic program to attend a speciality school program, career and technical education program, or to access advanced coursework in later years
- Provides an opportunity for home school/private school students to enroll in up to two courses per year, space permitting
- Provides an opportunity for students residing outside of Chesterfield County to take up to two qualifying online courses during the regular school year through status as an approved Virginia Department of Education a multi-division online provider (MOP)