CCPS Mission Statement:
The mission of the CCPS is to work in partnership with students, families and the community to ensure that each student acquires the knowledge, skills and core values necessary
to achieve personal success and to enrich the community.
Cosby High School is located in the Matoaca district of Chesterfield County, VA.
During its first year, Cosby High School offered grades 9-11, growing into grades 9-12 in the 2007-08 school year.
A Health Science Specialty Center opened at Cosby in the fall of 2007 and graduated its first class in June 2010.
- Cosby High School is the 60th school & 11th high school of the Chesterfield County Public Schools System.
- As of August 1, Cosby High School has over 2,100 students enrolled.
- The education wing is two stories tall with four academic houses, one for each grade level.
- There is 257,400 sq. ft. of school-space, 4,500 sq. ft. in field house-space and 3,400 sq. ft. for concession stand-space.
- The auditorium seats 900, the gym seats 2,000, and the stadium seats 3,500 people.
Blue Ribbon Award for School Excellence:
Cosby was one of only 335 schools in the nation to receive this prestigious award acknowledging excellence in academic achievement.
Academic Programs At Cosby:
A Health Science Specialty Center opened Fall 2007,
with a goal of developing special partnerships with many community health organizations such as Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital,
VCU School of Medicine, Chippenham/Johnston-Willis Medical Center,
Brandermill Woods Retirement Center and John Tyler Community College programs.
Course Offerings Include:
- GEOSPATIAL TECHNOLOGY/AUTO CAD, 3D ANIMATION & DIGITAL PRODUCTION (at Chesterfield Tech Center/CTC)
- IT FUNDAMENTALS, COMPUTER SCIENCE
- DRAWING PROGRAMS
- FORENSIC CHEMISTRY
- MEDICAL LAW & ETHICS
- ADVANCED PLACEMENT CLASSES IN MANY AREAS, DUAL ENROLLMENT AND MORE!