Dear CCTC Parents/Guardians:
The teachers at the Chesterfield Career and Technical Center (CCTC), in addition to providing competent instruction, want to provide a caring environment for our students. When student concerns arise, teacher communication with parents/guardians is one way of demonstrating that caring. In that regard, a team effort, involving good two-way communication between teachers and parents/guardians, is needed when helping students learn respect, responsibility, honesty, and accountability. In support of that team effort, the teachers need your help in letting them know when your student is going to miss class time at CCTC. Though you may provide that information to your student’s high school, the teachers at CCTC need to know also. (There is no direct communication of attendance information between the home schools and the CCTC.) When your student is going to be absent or tardy, please call or e-mail the school by 8:00 a.m. that same day.
- To leave a voice message, call (804) 768-6160
- To send an e-mail message to our attendance clerk, please use the following email address: [email protected] (Austin Estrada)
- To leave a voice message, call (804) 639-8668 Ext.2808
- To send an e-mail message to our attendance clerk, please use the following email address: [email protected]
When leaving a voice message or sending an e-mail message by 8:00 a.m., please provide the following information:
- The student’s full name
- Your full name
- The reason time will be missed from class
- When the time will be missed
- The name of your student’s CCTC teacher or the name of his/her CCTC course
- A phone number to contact you if necessary, even if sending an e-mail message or note
If your student is absent from a CCTC class and communication from you has not been received by 8:00 a.m. that day, an automated phone call will contact you within 24-hours to verify your awareness of the absence. Please make sure the school has accurate information on how to contact you with home and work telephone numbers and home and work e-mail addresses.
If your child needs to be dismissed early, you must arrange that dismissal at least 48 hours in advance by calling or e-mailing the school or sending in a note. Please provide the information as outlined above. Students are not to park at CCTC on the day of an early dismissal unless the school has first processed the dismissal request at which time a temporary parking pass will be issued.
- Early dismissal and absences require a signed parent note.
- Late arriving students are to report to the clinic immediately upon arrival with a signed parent excuse note.
- Picture ID is required for EVERYONE who is signing out a student.
- If you are not receiving School Messenger absence notifications, please contact the school counseling office to ensure we have your correct contact information.
Please note our start and dismissal times:
On Tech Center day please be careful when you schedule appointments so they do not overlap with travel times. Students may not be picked up before 10:15 a.m. or after 2:00 p.m. at our location.
We hope this process of communication will insure that all of our students receive a quality education through regular attendance.