For more information call 804-706-6061
Chesterfield County Public Schools offers prekindergarten at several elementary schools to provide school readiness skills to eligible children with the greatest need. Children who will be four years old by Sept. 30, 2020 and who live in the school’s attendance zone may apply for prekindergarten. There are no exceptions to age and residency requirements. Prekindergarten is offered at the following 22 elementary schools:
- Bellwood Elementary
- Bensley Elementary
- Beulah Elementary
- Bon Air Elementary
- Chalkley Elementary
- Marguerite Christian Elementary
- Crenshaw Elementary
- Crestwood Elementary
- Curtis Elementary
- A.M. Davis Elementary
- Ecoff Elementary
- Ettrick Elementary
- Falling Creek Elementary
- Harrowgate Elementary
- Hening Elementary
- Hopkins Elementary
- Jacobs Road Elementary
- Matoaca Elementary
- Providence Elementary
- Reams Road Elementary
- Salem Church Elementary
- Elizabeth Scott Elementary
If you are unsure which school zone in which you live can use the find my school feature. Scroll down to the “Find my School” feature and enter your address.
Child Care Aware of VA
*PREKINDERGARTEN APPLICATION EVENTS
All previously scheduled PreK application events at Bellwood and Falling Creek Elementary Schools (3/23-4/2) have been CANCELLED.
Please check and follow the following resources for updated information:
- @CCPSPreschool on Twitter
- Follow Chesterfield County Public Schools on Facebook
Todos los eventos de solicitud de Prekinder programados previamente en las escuelas Bellwood y Falling Creek (23/3 – 2/4) han sido CANCELADOS.
Verifique y siga los siguientes recursos para obtener información actualizada:
- @CCPSPreschool en Twitter
- Siga las Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Chesterfield en Facebook
*It is important to note that your child MUST live in one of the school zones listed to be eligible to apply.
Your child must come with you when applying.
Each child will be given a brief developmental screening.
What do you need to bring on application day?
- Your child
- Parent/Guardian photo ID and any applicable custody paperwork
- Child’s certified original birth certificate
- Proof of income by providing one of the following documents:
- 2019 tax form with ALL W2’s AND two most recent pay stubs
- Letter from an employer indicating period of employment and salary for each working.
- Two recent pay stubs for all jobs worked by parent(s) living in the home
- If applicable, bring SNAP, TANF, SSI, SSA, unemployment and child support documents.
- Documents for all other sources of income (Ex: retirement, financial aid, grant funds, sponsorship from another country, military income, etc.)
- Proof of residency by providing one of the documents listed on the Registration page.
Note: Parents submitting a “lives with” form must bring the person they live with, and that person must provide a lease, deed or one of the other proofs of residency. The parent of the incoming student must provide two current supporting documents with his or her correct name and address listed.
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For children receiving Special Education Services, current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) paperwork should be provided.
- You may want to consider bringing snacks for your child as there will be no food or drink for sale at the events. Depending on the volume of applicants, there could be a lengthy wait (several hours).
A limited number of prekindergarten spots are available. Applying does not guarantee acceptance.Availability of classrooms is dependent upon funding availability and community need and may be subject to change.
Prekindergarten applications are taken year-round. Students who are not initially accepted are placed on a waiting list, in case a spot opens during the year. If you have questions, call 804-706-6061.
Chesterfield County Public Schools does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, disability or national origin in employment or in its educational programs and activities.
Please download and print these forms, fill them out and bring them to apply for prekindergarten.