- Read with your child nightly and ask questions about the story while reading.
- Empty your child’s folder daily and ask specific questions about the events of the day.
- Pack a healthy snack each day.
- Help your child learn to read and spell the weekly word wall words. Keep the word list that you are given at the beginning of each quarter so that you can review constantly.
- Contact your child’s teacher when you have questions.
Kindergarten students will attend two field trips this year.
If you are interested in volunteering your time, please contact your child’s teacher. We need volunteers who can prepare projects at home, donate items for special projects, assist in the cafeteria, and work directly with students.
In addition to regular assessments, students will take the state-wide Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening (PALS) two times this year, in the fall and spring. It measures students pre-reading skills. The Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA) is a tool that measures a student’s reading level. It is also administered two times, in January and May. The data from these assessments help us meet each student’s individual needs.