The library is the heart of EDMS! Here you can find books, audiobooks, magazines, audio-visual materials and equipment, other electronic resources, an on-line catalog, and video-editing software. Our school library website is: https://libguides.ccpsnet.net/edms You may use this site from anywhere you have an internet connection. Please visit us often!
Library Media Center Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Library Loan Policy:
- 3 weeks loan period for books
- 5 school day loan period for magazines
- Recorded books checked out with a parent permission letter
- Overdue Penalties:
- We do not charge fines for overdue materials.
- If an item is not returned, the replacement cost must be paid by the patron.
- Circulation privileges are suspended until overdue library books are returned.
- Students are scheduled for checkout once every three weeks through their Language Arts class.
- They may come independently for checkout, research, make-up work, and/or book selection between classes, before and after school, or with a pass from a teacher during the class period.
- Note that students can renew their books at any time from their Chromebooks via the Library Catalog site under the My Account tab using their username (student ID number) and password (last 4 digits of their student ID number).
- Classroom teachers also schedule time for instruction and research in the library.
- The library sponsors various reading-related programs and activities including a Battle of the Books team, Book Fairs, and supports various reading celebrations throughout the school year.
Emily McDaniel, Head Librarian
Tammy Castellanos, Assistant Librarian
Jamie Whittaker, Library Assistant