Playing on a school athletic team provides important lessons that will carry your student through many aspects of their lives from making friends to becoming a leader in school and beyond. Your student will learn the value of good sportsmanship, the success of good teamwork, the art of both winning and loosing gracefully and so much more. They will gain self-confidence, understand accountability and the outcome of discipline and dedication. Maybe the most important lesson of all, the feeling of pride, school spirit and the lifelong connection to their school and their peers.
We encourage all students to tryout for a team. If they don’t make it the first year, we urge them to try and try again!
Click this link if you need to read this in Spanish.
Elizabeth Davis Athletics and Activities Mission Statement
The Davis athletic department supports the mission of Elizabeth Davis Middle School by providing opportunities for students to develop valuable life skills in a competitive and supportive education-based athletic environment.
Sports Offered at Davis
Davis offers a variety of sports in which students can participate. We encourage all students to tryout; you never know what talent you might have!
Fall Sports: Start during the second week of school
Boys’ Cross Country
Girls’ Cross Country
Winter Sports: Start second Monday of November
Spring Sports: Start second Monday of February
Boys’ Track and Field
Girls’ Track and Field
Frequently Asked Questions about Athletics, Clubs, and Intramurals:
What forms does my child need in order to try out?
- All students must have a current physical, a concussion form, and a signed handbook agreement on file with the Athletic Director before tryouts start. No students will be allowed to tryout without these forms submitted. A current physical must be dated after May 1 of the previous school year (A physical dated after May 1, 2021 is good for the entire 2021- 2022 school year). All forms can be found through this link. These forms are also available in the front office, and they can be returned to the front office.
- Students can have a physical completed at the primary care physician. If necessary, Patient First, BetterMed, Minute Clinic, and CVS also complete sports’ physicals.
What intramurals and clubs are offered? What does my child need to participate in an intramural or club?
- Each year, the intramurals and clubs that we offer vary. However, you can find a current list posted on this document. Students need to have a concussion and intramural form completed to participate in an intramural. No forms are necessary to participate in a club. m
How do we find out about tryout dates, contest schedules, cancellations, etc.?
- The principal’s weekly message will contain most of the weekly information that you will need. The athletic director also sends out communication about practices and contests. You may also contact each coach with specific questions about information once the seasons start.
What is expected of my child if he/she makes a sports’ team at Davis?
- All students participating on a Davis sports’ team are expected to represent the team and coaches with respect and pride. Students must maintain a 2.0 grade point average throughout the entire season. It is expected that students are well- behaved throughout the school day, and any disciplinary actions may result in removal from the team. These are laid out in the handbook.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- You can contact the athletic director with any questions or concerns for sports or activities offered at Davis. You can also click on the Athletic Coaches tab or the Intramural and Clubs Sponsors tab to contact the coach or sponsor with more specific questions.