Your child will have 45 minutes of art each week. Kindergartners and first graders start with the basics of art while upper elementary students are exposed to more in-depth techniques and concepts. All students work with color, texture and form using a variety of materials.Please make sure your child has an art shirt on his/her scheduled art day.
Here are some educational art websites:
- Mr.PicassoHead – online design and drawing, includes gallery
- NGA Kids ArtZone – National Gallery of Art interactive art activities
- MOMA Kids Wing – fun activities from the Museum of Web Art
- Destination: Modern Art – from the Museum of Modern Art
- ArtEdventures – for primary and intermediate grades
- SmART Kids – from the Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago; for students ages 7-12 to discover ways to look at, think about, and respond creatively to art