Classes visit the library once a week for a 45-minute library period. Students select and checkout library books and participate in a variety of lessons designed to encourage students to become enthusiastic readers and proficient researchers as students learn to use a variety of print and online resources.
Through the student dashboard (my.ccpsnet.net), all parents can access their students’ library accounts via the CCPS library catalog tool. Also, parents may choose to opt in to receive an email when their student checks out a book. The email will include title, checkout date and due date. Here is how parents may opt in:
- In the menu on the right, click the checkout notifications link.
- Fill out the Google form to opt in for checkout notifications.
The process for opting in to parental notifications is also communicated annually with the start of school information and can be updated at any time.
- Viewing Student Library Account Activity Video
- Viewing Student Library Account Activity Written Directions (English)
- Viewing Student Library Account Activity Written Directions (Spanish)
- Opting Into Library Checkout Notifications Video
- Opting Into Library Checkout Notifications Written Directions (English)
- Opting Into Library Checkout Notifications (Spanish)
- CCPS Library Catalog Quick Reference for Searching Titles