What is the age requirement for kindergarten?
Children must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 30, 2020. There are no exceptions.
When will kindergarten registration take place?
Kindergarten registration will be held April 16, 2020. More information will be provided soon, parents should register their children at the school they are zoned to attend.
To find the correct school, parents may call 639-8915 or go online to mychesterfieldschools.com, go to the parents section, then click “find my school.”
Does the child need to accompany the parent to registration?
Yes. On registration day, children will be given the a kindergarten screening, which usually takes about 15 minutes.
What information should parents bring to registration?
- parent’s photo ID
- child’s certified original birth certificate (or school age affidavit in accordance with state law)
- proof of residency by providing one of these documents:
- lease for at least one year or deed of a residence in Chesterfield County
- contract or lease free of contingencies to occupy a Chesterfield County residence within two months of
the date of enrollment
- resident manager’s letter on company letterhead stating that residence is a corporate residence in Chesterfield County
- weekly receipts for temporary residence in a hotel or motel for up to 60 days (requires renewal or evidence of more permanent residency within 60 days of enrollment)
- Parents submitting a “lives with” form must bring the person they live with and that person must provide a lease, a deed or one of the other proofs of residency. Also, the parent of the incoming student must provide two supporting documents with his or her name and correct address.
What items are required by the first day of school?
- record of a physical examination within the past 12 months
- updated records listing dates of each state-required immunization
What if a parent is unable to attend on April 16th?
Please make every effort to register your child on April 16th. If this is not possible, call the school to set up an appointment as soon as possible.
For more information, call your neighborhood school.