Advisory committees established by the Chesterfield County School Board are one way that community members connect with their local schools. Advisory committee members are appointed from each of the county’s five magisterial districts and include parents, teachers, staff members, students and other community members interested in helping Chesterfield County Public Schools achieve its vision of “creating a better tomorrow.”
Committee members must reside in the magisterial district they represent. For more information about specific committees, including a list of upcoming meeting dates, please visit this link: https://mychesterfieldschools.com/family-and-community-engagement/school-board-advisory-committees/
The School Board is currently seeking applicants for these advisory committee seats:
- Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee: Midlothian District (partial term ending June 30, 2022)
- Gifted Education Advisory Committee: Matoaca District (partial term ending June 30, 2023)
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- School Board-appointed representatives must reside in the district which they represent.
- Gifted Education Advisory Committee members must have a child currently receiving gifted services.
- Per the Va. Code’s open government requirements, meetings are generally required to be held in person. If you are unable to meet in person, please note that in your application under “Availability for Meeting Attendance.”