Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)
All meetings are open to the public including work sessions. Visitors and public comment are welcome at all meetings. Please see the information below on giving public comment.
The dates for the 21-22 school year are as follows:
- October 6, 2021
- November 3, 2021
- December 1, 2021
- March 2, 2022
- May 4, 2022
Meetings are at 5:30 p.m. in the Thomas R. Fulghum Center at the Chesterfield Career and Technical Center @ Hull
NOTE: Visitors should park in the front of [email protected]
Call: (804) 639-8918 for additional details
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SPECIAL EDUCATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE PUBLIC COMMENT GUIDELINES
The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) welcomes public comment. A public comment period is provided at every meeting. Community members may appear at the SEAC meeting to submit comment or may provide the comments in writing. Public comment is limited to three (3) minutes per speaker with a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes during the designated time on the agenda. Comments may be emailed to [email protected]
There are two positions for each magisterial district, and the School Board appoints the representatives. Interested persons can find additional information at https://mychesterfieldschools.com/community/school-board-advisory-committees/
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND FUNCTIONS OF SEAC REPRESENTATIVES:
- Advise the School Board of unmet needs in the education of students with disabilities.
- Assist in the development of long-range plans for providing needed services to students with disabilities.
- Participate in the development of priorities and strategies for meeting identified needs.
- Submit periodic reports and recommendations through the Superintendent to the School Board.
- Assist in interpreting to the community the school system’s plans for meeting the needs of students with disabilities.
- Review the school system’s annual special education plan before it is submitted to the School Board.
SEAC MEETING MINUTES
Here is how you can access SEAC meeting minutes online.
- Kenyatta Green, Bermuda District
- Jennnifer McMinn, Secretary, Bermuda District
- Jill Arseneau, Clover Hill District
- Marketta Williams, Clover Hill District
- Indira Merritt, Dale District
- Shavonne Johnson, Dale District
- Jaime Smiley, Matoaca District
- Jennifer Krajewski, Matoaca District
- Shekeitha Poindexter, Midlothian District
- Ellen Mahloy, Midlothian District