- 39 elementary schools (grades K-5)
- One prekindergarten
- 12 middle schools (grades 6-8)
- 11 high schools, which include 13 specialty centers (grades 9-12)
- 2 career and technical centers
- 61,000-plus students
- $703.7 million operating budget (69.5% for instruction; 11.2% for operations and maintenance; 8.1% for debt; 5.5% for transportation; 3.3% for administration, attendance and health; and 2.4% for technology)
- $11,365 cost per student
- 7,494 full-time and part-time positions
in operating fund
- Approximately 38% of students qualify for free
or reduced-price meals.
- The student body is 46% White, 26% Black,
19% Hispanic, 5% two or more races, 3% Asian, less than 1% American Indian/Alaskan Native and less than 1% Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
- 100% of schools are fully accredited.
- 92% on-time graduation rate
- 96% average daily attendance rate
- $27 million in accepted scholarships by the
class of 2021
- 59% of the class of 2021 earned a more rigorous advanced diploma.
- Seven National Blue Ribbon Schools
- Seven National Title I Distinguished Schools
- Seven Middle Schools to Watch