This is the seventh day of 2022, and the end of our first week back in session after winter break. Let’s make this a great year in Chesterfield County Public Schools!
Where to pick up free meals for children #
Five days of breakfasts and lunches for children under the age of 18 are distributed curbside 3:30-4:30 p.m. every Tuesday at Bon Air Elementary, Crenshaw Elementary, Matoaca Elementary, Carver Middle, Manchester Middle, Providence Middle, Salem Church Middle, Bird High, Cosby High, Thomas Dale High, Monacan High and [email protected] Children do not have to be present for pickup. Questions? Call Chesterfield County Public Schools Food and Nutrition Services at 804-743-3717.
Jan. 8-14 is Virginia School Principal Appreciation Week #
Next week is Virginia School Principal Appreciation Week. Principals connect with teachers, students, parents, community partners, colleagues and more as they lead instruction, people and buildings. Especially Jan. 8-14, let’s show Chesterfield County Public Schools principals some love.
Upcoming school holidays #
- Jan. 14 is a student holiday/teacher workday for Chesterfield County schools that follow a traditional calendar (Bellwood and Falling Creek elementaries follow a year-round schedule and will have a regular school day).
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Jan. 17 is a student and staff holiday at all Chesterfield County schools.
- Click here to see all school calendars.
We are hiring #
Work where you can help young people succeed, and apply today to join Team Chesterfield. Chesterfield County Public Schools is hiring for many different jobs, and every open position is posted on our website.
- Custodians get a $1,500 bonus, competitive compensation and full-time benefits. Click here to see the full package, then apply at this link or email [email protected] if you have questions. Please share this flyer if you know someone who would be interested.
- The first teacher recruitment event for 2022 will take place 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Jan. 29 as Chesterfield County Public Schools seeks teachers in these critical needs subjects: special education, math, science, ESL, world languages and school librarians. Candidates are asked to register here to reserve a spot in this virtual event or email [email protected] if they have questions. Please share this flyer if you know someone who may be interested in teaching Chesterfield students.
Career Switcher Program information session #
The VCU School of Education’s Career Switcher Program is holding a virtual informational session at 6 p.m. Jan. 18 for anyone interested in becoming a teacher. If you are interested, then please register here. Please also share this information with friends or family who might want to explore teaching.
Children’s Museum offers scholarships to cover cost of membership #
The Children’s Museum is offering scholarships to cover annual memberships for 345 Chesterfield County families whose household income is less than $35,000 per year. Details are on the application form, which is provided in English and in Spanish. Questions? Contact Candace Ross at [email protected].
Upcoming dates #
- January is National Thank You Month.
- January is National Mentoring Month.
- Jan. 9 is Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.
- Jan. 8-14 is Virginia School Principal Appreciation Week.
- Jan. 16 is National Religious Freedom Day.
- Jan. 16 is World Religion Day.
- Jan. 17 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Jan. 24 is International Day of Education.
- Jan. 24 is National Compliment Day.
- Jan. 25 is Robert Burns Day.