Thanks for helping keep the torch of learning lit by encouraging reading this summer! For directions on how your child can participate in the CCPS Summer Reading Program, Going For Gold, see the For Students tab accessible through the menu at the left of this page.
Thanks to Kelsey Pacer, CCPS Instructional Designer, for the presentation.
Where Is myON Located?
How Will My Child Access myON?
See this presentation to learn how your child can log into myON from their back pack accessible via the my.ccpsnet.net dashboard. To access the dashboard and backpack, your child will need his/her student ID number and also their password. This is a great opportunity to work with your child on a secure unique password and talk about online safety.
Here are a few view tips for your child’s myON account. See the myON Family Guide for more detailed instructions.
- Library then My List tab- the depth and breadth of the library- allows a student to tag books and place them here for an easy way to access their favorites
- Library then Search tab- ability to search the entire library using keyword searches, reading level, grade level, Lexile level or all of the above. *if you don’t see the options populate just click the filters tab (hourglass looking icon) on the left hand side of the screen
- Library then Browse tab- search books across the curriculum- by subject area and strand
- Library then Recommended tab- book bands personalized to the student– based on grade level, interests, reading ability and ratings and reviews given to the books they read
- Projects Tab- teacher created/shared book sets and tasks- aligned to student reading levels, current units of study, state standards, thematic units
- News tab- daily news articles automatically leveled for each student- 5 articles every week day, 52 weeks/year vetted by our child psychology team. Each article is both written and audio supported in English, Spanish and French and will link to books for further reading on that topic
- Student name icon (top right hand corner)- allows the student to change their interests at any time, shows full progression of Lexile gains over time, shows all reading activity by title and date. The “Profile” tab will show a quick summary of the student’s reading history (ideal for parent teacher conferences)- reading choices, reading activity, interests, current reading level and more
Below you will find buttons to free online story collections ranging from PK-Adult! Enjoy a story with your child this summer!