Contact – [email protected]
PTO Executive Board Members
PTO Executive Board Members
President – Kim Wright
Vice President – Reynaul DeShazor
Treasurer – ERnie Moore
Secretary – Audrey Watson and Dominique Chatters
Join the PTO – As a PTO, 100% of your membership fee will remain at Hening to support programs such as the Back to School Picnic, enrichment programs, and teacher/classroom enhancements to name a few. During the previous school year, a few items the PTO purchased were class shirts for all students, recorders for fourth-grade students, game truck, student agendas and books for kindergarten students. Joining the PTO does not obligate you to attend every meeting, but participation is encouraged and welcome!
PTO Membership is $6.00 per adult. Adults include parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and anyone interested in supporting our school. Payment can be made online via VENMO, send payment to Hening PTO ( Please include email address and student name in the memo line). Payment can also be cash or check mailed to the school. Please include your name, email address and student name
The PTO, Parent Teacher Organization, at J. G. Hening Elementary School is looking for parents like YOU! This is your association. Parents and teachers working together as a team make the school a better place for our children. As members of the PTO, we support everyone that is a part of the J. G. Hening family, especially our children.
What does the PTO do?
- Supports the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school
- Encourages parents’ involvement in their children’s lives, education, class, and school
- Provides feedback and suggestions for school programs
- Coordinates programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum
- Funds the increased exposure of students to technology
- Provides feedback/assists with increased awareness of school safety and security issues
- Organizes fundraising efforts to support additional programs, equipment, and services
- Supports the educational goals of the school and assists with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism
- Recruits and coordinates volunteer efforts
How can YOU help?
- Join the PTO!
- Be an active PTO member.
- Volunteer for PTO programs.
- Support your child’s school by attending the PTO planned activities.
Research shows that children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems in school. Hening’s PTO offers lots of opportunities for parents to get involved. Do a little, do a lot – just do something!
We are all parents first who want to see our children succeed, so don’t wait for us to call you. Please contact us by phone or email and let us know that you are interested in being a part of the PTO.