Hello and Welcome!
The mission of Matoaca Middle School Library is to provide a welcoming atmosphere, to empower students and staff through the direction and guidance of certified school librarians to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users/creators of information so that students can become lifelong learners. The library supports our students’ achievements by collaborating closely with classroom teachers to enhance the Virginia Standards of Learning. Strong library programs work to enrich the students’ learning experience at the middle school level.
Mrs. Greene, Librarian
Mrs. Hutton, Assistant Librarian
Mrs. Hannuksela, Library Assistant
- Students are scheduled for checkout every three weeks through their Language Arts class.
- Students may come independently for checkout, research, make-up work and book selection between classes, before and after school or with a pass from a teacher during the class period.
- Students can check their library account anytime from their Chromebooks via the Library Catalog site under the My Account tab using their username (student id number) and password (last 4 digits of their student id number).
- Classroom teachers may also schedule time for instruction and research in the library.
- The library sponsors various reading-related programs and activities including a Battle of the Books team, Book Fairs, and various reading celebrations and contests through the school year.