Greetings! I am truly excited, and honored, to begin my second year as the Principal of Meadowbrook High School! I feel that my experiences as an administrator, teacher, coach, and research scientist have prepared me to support the students, faculty, families, and community of Meadowbrook. As an experienced educational leader, I believe that collective contributions to the learning environment, as well as the school culture and climate, will continue the great work that we have already begun at Meadowbrook High School. My personal work towards this end is grounded in my four main core values of growth, strength, opportunity, and most importantly, relationships.
More specifically, I believe that:
- All students, when given the appropriate resources, with relevant instruction and support, can be successful.
- All students should graduate with the skills, academically and socially, to be informed, successful, contributing citizens of their community.
- All teachers should receive the appropriate resources to support our students in their academic and social success.
- A positive culture and climate, as well as community support, are necessary for students to prosper academically and socially.
Here at Meadowbrook we pride ourselves on “sharing our passion through providing opportunities”. We aim daily to create an inclusive environment that allows for collaboration between students, faculty, parents and community. We believe that we can create and sustain through the following efforts:
- Building strong, positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Utilizing culturally responsive teaching strategies to ensure the success of all students
- Frequent and thorough communication with all stakeholders
- Preparing our students for multiple post secondary paths (military, college/university, workforce).
- Providing community service opportunities to help cultivate global citizenship
In short, our goal is to create a school environment in which the windows of opportunity are opened for our students every day; one in which they are exposed to authentic learning experiences and can build an infinite learning mindset.We invite our parents and community to embark on this journey with us as we propel our students to greatness and beyond!
Dr. Marcie Rice Terry, Principal