Principal’s Message 3-8-2021
Good afternoon Monarch Parents,
- As we prepare for the return of Cohort 4 students on March 9th, we have a lot of information to share. Due to the length of the message, the Spanish version is included below. Here are your reminders for the upcoming week:
- Monday will be an asynchronous day for students. They should log in and complete assignments provided by their teachers. Students who selected to return to face-to-face instruction should return to the building on Tuesday, March 9th. If you have not communicated that you would like your student to return to the building, they should continue to log in from home daily to attend their classes and complete their assignments via Canvas. Our bell schedule will be as follows:
- Arrival: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- First Period: 8:30 a.m. – 9: 20 a.m.
- Second Period: 9:35 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
- Pride Time (Formerly Monarch Morning) Student remain in 2nd Period: 10:40 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
- Third Period and Lunch: 11:25 a.m.- 1:23 p.m.
- Fourth Period: 1:38 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Dismissal: 2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Attention parents of Juniors: We will offer the SAT to our 11th-grade students on March 24, 2021. The registration deadline is March 17, 2021; however, we are asking students to complete the survey as soon as possible. Please use the following form to register your junior for the test:https://bit.ly/2ZUtQva. Please contact their school counselor if you have any questions.
- Please be reminded that although we have been virtual for the majority of the school year, some courses have still required virtual or supply-related fees. Letters of notification of unpaid fees will be sent out soon from our bookkeeper. Feel free to call the school next week should you have any questions.
- As the nine weeks and semester have ended, we want to ensure that although we are virtual, that all students understand the importance of maintaining high levels of engagement as if they were receiving face-to-face instruction. Teachers have communicated content recovery opportunities to students that are not passing; however, the student or parent must initiate individual communication with the teacher (e-mail, Canvas, etc.) to receive the content recovery assignments. The deadline for the completion of content recovery assignments has been extended to March 12, 2021.
- We will have a spirit week March 15 -19. We invite all students, virtual or face-to-face, to participate. The attire for the week will be as follows:
- Monday: Match Madness–dress up in your favorite color
- Tuesday: Class Color Day: 9th wears blue, 10th wears gold, 11th wears white, and 12th wears black
- Wednesday: St. Patrick’s Day, so be sure to wear green
- Thursday: College or Favorite Team colors day
- Friday: Rainbow Day
- If your student has not completed their scheduling card (shared with them in their google drive) please have them do so as soon as possible. This information is needed in order to schedule for classes in the fall. To help them in this process, please use the following link:
, click on “home”, then “School Counseling Info”. The “MBK course entry instruction sheet” button will help guide them through completing their scheduling cards. There are other helpful links on this page as well that will assist them in getting this done as soon as possible. If you have questions, you may click on a counselor in the picture to find out how best to contact them. Counselors have begun to meet with students one on one and their scheduling card complete prior to the meeting will allow us to finish our scheduling process in a timely manner.
- If your student has had significant absences this year, we invite you to review our attendance module video and complete the google form to verify that you have watched it and understand our attendance expectations. Please keep in mind that attendance impacts student performance and is also an accreditation indicator for our school.
- In an effort to prepare our face-to-face students to return to school on March 9, 2021, please review our updated, phase-in documents:
- In addition, we encourage all students, especially those that will be returning to the building on March 9th to begin conducting daily, health, self-assessments. If your student is experiencing new Covid-related symptoms or has been exposed to someone that has tested positive, please have them stay home and contact our attendance office.
- Please also remind your student of the following expectations, should they be returning to the building on March 9th:
- They will not be allowed to congregate in common areas, during class transitions, before or after school, or during breakfast or lunch.
- The snack machines and microwaves will not be available.
- All students are will be required to wear a mask unless they have a health plan on file
- They will be required to wear a face shield in any other setting in which 6ft of distancing cannot be maintained for 15 or more minutes.
- They should bring headphones to participate in Pride Time as students will not move from their first-period classes to participate.
- Please join the Meadowbrook PTSA using the following link to join or pay dues for this school year:
https://mbkhighptsa.memberhub.com/. In addition, please complete the following survey to assist our PTSA in identifying growth areas:
- Thanks have a great weekend!