Good afternoon Monarch Parents,
Here are your reminders for the week of April 12, 2021:
- Today is the last day of the 3rd 9 weeks. Students that are currently failing a class for the year still have the opportunity to pass the course through one of the following pathways:
- Receiving an overall passing grade for the year based on their grades for MP1-MP4
- Passing the SOL for the class (if the class has an SOL)
- Passing the end of course assessment created by the teachers that teach that class
- Showing growth on an assessment or portfolio created by the teachers that teach that class ( A rubric will be used for scoring.)
- Along with these opportunities, we also want to stress the importance of maintaining good attendance, as being present in class every day will only help your student maintain good academic performance in all of their classes.
- Please reach out to your student’s teachers if they are currently failing any of their classes.
- Parents of current 10th graders: Please be sure to complete the PSAT 10 survey as soon as possible: https://forms.gle/VPDTWVL6Yzh2mzwY6
- All parents: Please be sure to complete the Spring SOL Survey as soon as possible: https://forms.gle/gbjZjQf5RRryvZqJ6 If you are certain that your student does NOT need to take any SOLs this year and they have fulfilled all of their graduation requirements, you do not have to complete the survey.
- For the parents who were unable to attend the Dual Enrollment/ Early College Academy Virtual Meeting, the link to the video is attached here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIJiW9GUq9Y. Please contact our Counseling Director, Dr. Olds (Kelley_Olds@ccpsnet.net), if you have any questions.
- As we continue to navigate school during the Covid-19 pandemic, if your child has to quarantine due to Covid-19 exposure or tests positive for Covid-19, please contact our main office: 804-743-3675.
- Parents of current 11th graders: The VA Code Vaccination requirements have changed. Rising 12th graders must now have their Meningococcal vaccination (2nd dose) prior to entry into the 12th grade. Please contact your student’s pediatrician to ensure that their vaccination records are up to date. You may also call the school and speak with our school nurse, Ms. Mason.
Finally, we hope that you and your family will find time to enjoy Spring Break! I will send out additional communication next Sunday. Have a great afternoon!