Good afternoon Monarch Parents,
Here are your reminders for the upcoming week:
Parents of All Students
SOL Testing Information
- Please be sure to complete the Spring SOL Survey as soon as possible:
If you are certain that your student does NOT need to take any SOLs this year and they have fulfilled all of their graduation requirements, you do not have to complete the survey.
- The following SOL tests will be administered on the following dates. If you are providing transportation for your student, they should arrive to school by 8:15 a.m.
- PSAT 10: April 21st
- English 11 SOL: April 22nd or April 23rd (Your student’s English teacher can confirm the date).
- The schedule for non-writing SOL’s will be forthcoming
- Please be reminded that the following classes will have SOL materials available for pick up Monday, April 19th, from 3:30 pm. – 5:30 p.m. in our bus loop: World History I, AP Human Geography, VA/US History, Earth Science, Biology, and Chemistry
Grades and Attendance
- If your student is currently failing one or more classes, there is still an opportunity for them to pass for the year. Please encourage them to login to every class and stay in the google meet for the entire class period (if they are virtual) or attend school everyday (if they are face to face). Students can take advantage of the following opportunities to pass for the year based on the type of course. Please contact your student’s teachers if you have questions.
- Earn a final grade of 60 or higher for the school year
- Content Recovery assignments given by their teachers.
- Receive a score of 350 on their SOLs (400 is preferred).
- Show reasonable growth on an assessment given by your teacher
- NWEA (MAP) Test (used in math and english)
- ALEKS (used in math only)
- Mastery Connect (used in multiple classes)
- Teacher-created assessment that covers all of the material taught in that class (used in multiple classes)
- Teacher-created portfolios that allow students to show what they have learned this school year (used in multiple classes)
Final Exam Schedule
- The exam schedule for underclassmen (9-11th graders) is as follows. The senior exam schedule will be forthcoming.
June 14: Underclassmen Exams: Periods 1 & 2E;12:35 Dismissal
June 15 Underclassmen Exams: Periods 2O & 3O and Odd Tech Exams;12:35 Dismissal
June 16 Underclassmen Exams: Periods 3E & 4E and Even Tech Exam; 12:35 Dismissal
June 17 Underclassmen Exam: Periods 4O, Underclass Make-up Exams(By arrangement only); 10:35 Dismissal
June 18 Underclassmen Make-up Exams(By arrangement only); 10:35 Dismissal
21-22 Scheduling Message
) to view our course verification letter. This letter is also being mailed home to you. After reading the letter, please take a moment to complete this form:
by April 23, 2021 to verify that you have received your student’s course requests for next school year.
- Remember, all course change requests must be submitted by April 23, 2021.
Thank you and have a great weekend!