Good afternoon Monarch Parents,
Please review the following mid-week reminders below:
- Parents of current 9-11 grade students:
- If you haven’t already done so, please review your student’s course requests for the upcoming school year. In an effort to stay on track with planning for the upcoming school year, we will be verifying courses electronically and on paper for those who don’t have access to a computer. Please take a few moments to review the courses your child has chosen for the 2021-2022 school year in your ParentVue (or StudentVue) account under the “Course Request” tab. Your student’s course requests will also be included in a packet sent home to all parents. Pay close attention to the level indicated for each course. Please complete this form:
by April 23, 2021
to verify that you have reviewed your student’s course requests for next year. Requests for schedule changes after April 23rd will not be honored. This form also contains a question regarding whether you want your student to attend face-to-face in the fall or remain virtual. We would like to have this information as soon as possible so that we can plan appropriately.
- Next school year (2021-2022), students will have the option of attending school face-to-face, or completely virtual through CCPSOnline. Selecting the CCPSOnline option will not give students access to MBK teachers. Specialized courses, including specialty center courses, will not be available through this option. Registration for virtual via CCPSOnline must be completed by July 9. Use the following link to register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeIpAHwbY6iAkaikWUvnkkE9P6Om_dbYpV2DQ6PVQwvYkv_4Q/viewform.
- Parents of seniors:
- Graduation dates have still not been set. We have requested to hold outdoor graduation activities here at Meadowbrook in alignment with social distancing and safety guidelines during the week of June 7. Once details are available they will be shared with parents and students. Graduates will only be allowed to have up to 4 guests. No additional tickets will be distributed.
- In addition to graduation activities, we are also planning a red carpet event, as an alternative for prom, for late May. Dates and details will be sent out soon. Please be reminded that oustanding fees must be paid in order to participate in the red carpet event. Please contact our bookkeeper,
if you have questions. Please complete this form so that we can plan graduation activities and the red carpet event appropriately: https://forms.gle/zA3CDNtsHZrzXdEk9
- Parents of all students:
- If your student is taking an SOL course this year, our teachers have created paper copies of review packets that you can pick up at your convenience at door 1. They are being housed in bins based on the course. Our SOL calendar for the remainder of the school year will be included in Friday’s email.
- If your student is currently failing one, or more classes there is still an opportunity for them to pass via one of the following pathways:
- Earn a final grade of 60 or higher for the school year
- Content Recovery assignments given by their teachers.
- Receive a score of 350 on their SOLs (400 is preferred).
- Show reasonable growth on an assessment given by their teacher:
- NWEA (MAP) Test (used in math and english)
- ALEKS (used in math only)
- Mastery Connect (used in multiple classes)
- Teacher-created assessment that covers all of the material taught in that class (used in multiple classes)
- Teacher-created portfolios that allow students to show what they have learned this school year (used in multiple classes)
- Please reach out to their teachers for more information
Thanks and have a great day!