The mission of the Professional School Counseling program of Chesterfield County Public Schools is to provide high-quality and comprehensive services in three domain areas: academic, career, and personal/social for all students through the collaborative efforts of students, staff, parents, and community. Each high school student is assigned a school counselor. Guidance and counseling programs, activities, and services are offered to support students in achieving academic success. Counselors assist teachers and school administrators in the identification of students’ academic needs and help determine appropriate classes.
- Counselors can help students with:
- Academic planning and educational progress
- Concerns that interfere with learning
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Test results and what they mean
- Various school programs and community opportunities
- College planning and technical training beyond high school