The regularly scheduled Chesterfield County School Board work session scheduled for April 14, 2020 has been cancelled.
The Chesterfield County School Board will hold a business meeting at 6 p.m. April 14 in the County Public Meeting Room, 10001 Iron Bridge Rd., Chesterfield, VA 23832. On being called to order, the School Board will adjourn immediately into closed session in accordance with the Virginia Freedom of Information Act for the discussion and consideration of employee matters. The public agenda will commence no earlier than 6:30 p.m.
The format for the April 14 School Board business meeting has been modified to help mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus or COVID-19. The changes are designed to accommodate public input while encouraging residents to continue to stay at home and practice social distancing, as ordered by the Governor and state health officials.
Access to the Public Meeting Room will be extremely limited.
- No more than eight citizens will be allowed into the Public Meeting Room at any time, including to speak in-person during Public Comment for Agenda Items. Citizens will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis and will be spaced appropriately in the room.
- Upon arrival, citizens will be directed to multiple staging areas supervised by Sheriff’s Department deputies and then escorted to the Public Meeting Room at the appropriate Staging areas will consist of no more than eight participants.
- Citizens are encouraged to use an online form to submit their comments instead of coming to speak in person. The form may be found by visiting: https://tinyurl.com/CCPSComment.
- Citizens will be able to submit comments for both Agenda Items and Non-Agenda Items.
- A general synopsis of the comments submitted via the online form will be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
- Speakers who have signed up ahead of time to speak will be contacted and encouraged to use the online form instead of attending. Seating in the Public Meeting Room will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Any group wishing to come speak should select a single representative to speak on the group’s behalf or consider using the online form.
- Citizens wishing to comment on Non-Agenda Items must submit their comments online There will be no spoken in-person comments for Non-Agenda items.
Citizens may submit online comments in advance of the School Board meeting until 2 p.m. on April 14, and all electronic comments will be distributed to School Board members prior to the beginning of the meeting.