Office Hours: 8:00-4:45
School Colors: Blue and Green
School Mascot: Hawk
9:15 – Arrival begins
Breakfast is served
Morning greetings and work
9:25 – Tardy bell rings
Students settled in classrooms
Classroom meetings begin
The first school in Enon was a one room building. It was located behind the present Enon Baptist Church. One teacher taught all six grade levels. It closed in 1926 and the students of Enon attended school in Chester.
At the request of a Community League, which had been formed to address the need for a new school building, Chesterfield County purchased 11.5 acres of land and construction began on the new school.
In 1938, our present day Enon Elementary School was established. The old entrance and small building housed four classrooms, two bathrooms, an office, and a small extra room. These classrooms and bathrooms are still being used today. This humble beginning was seen as a progressive step for the community of Enon.
In 1955, a new addition created 6 more classrooms. A new office, lunchroom and auditorium with a raised stage were also added.
During the 1960’s, there were two additions to the building and fourteen teachers made up the faculty. The first addition, in 1961, added six new classrooms to the lower hall. In 1969, a “hall of glass” was added and the kindergarten pod was completed. The school had become a large, spreading building so an intercom system had to be added.
Once again there was another addition to the school in the 1970’s due to continued population growth. This time the auditorium was turned into a multi-purpose room and used for P.E. classes and assemblies. The glass window-sided library which is now our cafeteria was built and two classrooms and additional bathrooms were added.
As the Enon community continued to grow during the 1980’s, mobile classrooms, better known as trailers, were added to the playground area. This time the fourth and fifth grade hall and the gymnasium were built. All of the classrooms in the older sections had renovations done during this building project. The office was moved to the room which housed the cafeteria. The library was moved to the multi-purpose room and the cafeteria was moved to where the library had been. The use of trailers and the Enon annex were no longer needed when this project was completed. However, in the late 1980’s with the community expanding, Enon experienced growth again and trailers were once again added.
In the early 1990’s with 9 trailers, the Enon Annex had to be reopened with six classes of third graders. Enon was overflowing with 840 students. With the building of Marguerite Christian Elementary School, the population of children was divided; therefore, there was no need for the annex or the trailers.
As our community has continued to grow, the need for a new elementary school was needed and in 2007, Elizabeth Scott Elementary was opened and once again our students were divided. Elizabeth Scott Elementary was named after Mrs. Beth Scott who served as Assistant Principal from 1987 to 1993 and then became Principal of Enon in 1995.
Enon Elementary still remains a symbol in the Enon community and is said to be the “best kept secret in Chesterfield County.” It has been known for the friendly and caring faculty and staff. This tradition began in 1938 and continues to this day. All in all, we are very lucky to have such a pleasant place to learn, study, and grow.
During the 2016 – 2017 school year it was announced that Enon Elementary will be getting a new building. In June of 2017 the staff packed up their supplies, and moved to Marguerite Christian Elementary. While at Marguerite Christian Elementary they collaborated with their staff and waited for the “New Enon” to be built.
In January 2019 the “New Enon” will open for students.