Dear Davis Elementary & Providence Middle Staff, Students, & parents:
I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you. My name is Anne Marshall and I am the School Social Worker assigned to Davis Elementary & Providence Middle School. This is my third year at both schools, however, I have been a school social worker for the past 13 years. I also have an intern, Sasha Wilson, working with me this year!
I am typically at Davis on Tuesdays and Fridays and at Providence on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
In case you are not familiar with what a school social worker does, below is a summary of some of my responsibilities:
- Participate in Referral meetings/Special Education Evaluation Team;
- Conduct sociological assessments on children being evaluated to determine eligibility for exceptional education services;
- Individual and group counseling, as needed and as time permits;
- Advocate for parents and students;
- Support teachers and parents with strategies to work with children;
- Participate on School Attendance Support Team and Student Support Team, as needed;
- Intervene and assist with Critical Incident Team in responding to threats, grief/loss, etc. as needed;
- Connect families to community resources, such as families experiencing homelessness/unstable housing, mental health care needs, health care needs, respite and disability support, and much more!
- Please feel free to email or call me at any time!
Anne Marshall Collins, MSW, C-SSWS
School Social Worker
Email: [email protected]
804-674-1355 x6222 (PVMS direct extention)