Please click here for additional resources during school closure:
Welcome to the RMS Library!
- The library is open from 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. each day.
- Students are allowed to check-out up to two books at a time. The books are on loan for three weeks and may be renewed one time.
- Students with overdue books will not be allowed to check-out until they are clear with the library.
Library programs, storytellers, and authors:
The library will be hosting some events during Roundtable, a book fair in October with a scary storyteller and a Gingerbread house family night in December. We love to host authors and storytellers throughout the year.
Our Library Mission:
Our goal is to support our students’ achievements by collaborating closely with our classroom teachers and providing a wide variety of resources to enhance student learning in support of the Virginia Standards of Learning. Strong library programs also work to enrich the students’ learning experience at the middle school level. Please browse our library pages for additional information on book circulation, library programs, and student resources.
- Provides curriculum support services
- Provides Library and information skills instruction
- Motivates lifelong appreciation of literature and reading
- Fosters self-esteem by developing the ability to independently solve information problems
- Promotes a sense of individual responsibility to self and community
Librarian: Donna Wilson and Alison Manning