Happy Sunday, Seahawk Families! It’s Principal Knight with your weekly Seahawk Playbook. Welcome to Week 21 of the school year. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend as we prepare to embark on the Super Bowl this Sunday. Here is to a safe and fun time this evening!
Here’s What’s Happening in Seahawk News This Week:
1. This will be a full week of synchronous learning. Please remember that Wednesday is no longer an asynchronous day. Students are expected to attend each of their classes every Wednesday.
2. While there are no special events this week taking place schoolwide, students should look forward to being exposed to various activities throughout all of their content classes to celebrate and honor the contributions of Black Americans during the course of February in honor of Black history month.
3. LC Bird High School counselors will be meeting with 8th grade students on February 11, 2021 during their elective classes. The counselors will be going over information for Bird HS as well as the classes they offer. Students will select their classes after the presentation. If your student is zoned to attend a different high school, either Ms. Hixson or the high school counselor will be reaching out to your student directly. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Ms. Hixson at TraciA_Hixson@ccpsnet.net.
4. Due to the topsy- turviness of this year, I regret to inform you that we will not be offering an official yearbook for this school year. However, all hope is not lost. We do hope to be able to offer a digital LookBook at the end of the year depending upon our ability to gather enough student/parent collected photos over the remaining months of the school year.
5. The Office of Family and Community Engagement is hosting a panel discussion for LGBTQ+ families and their advocates. The discussion can be attended anonymously, with questions submitted prior to the event. The panel will consist of parents of LGBTQ+ youth, students, teachers, and counselors and provide general information and insights. To register for the virtual event on February 8 at 6:30 pm, click here.
6. Attention Parents of Rising 6th Grade Students:
We are so excited to welcome new Seahawks next year! In order to answer some questions about scheduling, electives, and all things Salem, we are hosting a Virtual Rising 6th Grade Open House on Tuesday, February 9th from 6:00-7:00 PM. Please join us using following Zoom link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89607626516?pwd=YUNPZFAxdXp6RVBtNEhFQ3hHRHJTQT09. You may find the flyer for this event attached as well. We look forward to seeing you!
Grade Level Newsletters
Save the Dates:
Rising 6th grade orientation 2/9 @6:30
Other Important Links
If you are experiencing issues with Canvas contact: Thomas_Acker@ccpsnet.net
If your child is experiencing technical difficulties with their Chromebook and/or needs a new one click here for access to the CCPS Chromebook Basics homepage and navigate to the tech support form.
If your child needs a new Chromebook Charger:CCPS Chromebook Charger Replacement Information
CCPS Meal Service
To best serve families while students are away from school in an all-virtual learning environment, Chesterfield County Public Schools’ Food and Nutrition Services has added offsite meals distribution locations and reopened many school locations for curbside pickup.
All Chesterfield County youth ages 18 and under, regardless of household income, are eligible to receive free school meals through June 18, 2021. Curbside pick-up for FREE meals for children ages 18 and under will be offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only.
To see the full update and meals distribution locations and times, visit bit.ly/CCPSMealsUpdates