Thomas Dale Athletics Mission Statement
The Knights’ athletic department supports the mission of Thomas Dale High School by providing opportunities for students to develop valuable life skills in a competitive and supportive education-based athletic environment.
Thomas Dale Athletics Core Values
- Safety – We will set the standard for other schools to follow by providing the best care possible for student-athletes
- Integrity – We do all things with the highest character, respect, and sportsmanship. We have pride in doing things the right way.
- Excellence – We commit to doing our absolute best at all times in the classroom and in competition.
- Inclusivity – We understand the importance sport plays as a great unifier. We provide opportunities for all students to be a part of the athletic program. We give back to the greater Thomas Dale community.
- Fun – We create an enjoyable experience for our student-athletes where successes are celebrated.
Thomas Dale Athletics FAQs
- Where can I obtain the VHSL Athletic Participation/Parental Consent/Physical Examination Form?
- This form my be downloaded from the Thomas Dale Athletics “Documents/Forms” page and is the document titled “***Thomas Dale Student Athlete Required Forms to Participate”
- What are the valid dates for sports physicals?
- The VHSL calendar runs from May 1 of the current year to June 30 of the succeeding school year. That means a sports physical examination given on or after May 1 in a given year is good through June 30 of the following year. Please remember that your insurance plans generally operate on a calendar year.
- How do we find out about tryout dates, contest schedules, cancellations, etc.?
- Starting dates for each season, contest schedules, and up-to-date postponements and cancellations can be found by going to the Thomas Dale Athletics “Documents/Forms” page or www.centraldistrictva.org. You can also contact the Activities Director.
- How big of a commitment is participating in interscholastic athletics?
- HUGE! Teams will practice or compete each day, including many Saturdays. You can count on a six day a week commitment.
- If my son or daughter is ill and at home during the day or leaves school early due to illness, can he/she come to school just for practice or a game?
- If a student is too ill to attend school or is too ill to remain at school, then it is not appropriate for him/her to participate in practice or a competition.
- If my son or daughter is injured and cannot participate, is he/she expected to be at practice and/or contests?
- Depending upon the injury, yes. The coach and athlete need to work this out. He/she is part of the team. There is always something to be learned from attending, and though injured, the student has a role and a responsibility with the team. An athlete is not permitted to return to full activity with the team until the doctor treating the student releases him or her in writing.
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
- General questions should be directed to the Activities Director. Please contact the coach for concerns regarding a specific sport.