The Center for the Arts attracts students from Chesterfield and beyond who are highly interested and talented in music, theatre, dance or the visual arts. Students explore and expand their creative potential in an exciting and unique arts community within a fully comprehensive high school.
Thomas Dale High School is a fully accredited public high school in Chester,VA offering a wide range of academic and arts classes, clubs, sports, and service organizations.
The program is designed to provide a well-rounded education offering exceptional core academic classes suited to each student’s needs. We offer a wide range of academic courses, including: Honors, Advanced Placement, and Dual Enrollment which are coupled with unique and challenging visual and performing arts’ honors courses. Our goal is to prepare our young artists for the rigors of collegiate studies and enlighten them for a future of professional opportunities.
What we offer:
- A modern and updated 950 -seat auditorium with a state of the art lighting grid and sound system
- Soundproof music practice rooms
- Visual Arts open studio
- Music technology labs including a piano lab and sound studio
- Full graphic arts lab equipped with Adobe Creative Suite©
- Full-size darkroom
- Arts-infused honors English 9 & 10
- Honors organizations: National Honor Society, Tri-M Music Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, National Honors Society of Dance Arts, and many more
- Professional artists in-residencies and workshops
- A full range of athletic teams and squads including: football, baseball, basketball, soccer, track, lacrosse, dance team, cheerleading, and many more