YMCA Childcare- The YMCA is offering before and after school care at Watkins this year. Please click on the following link for more information.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact the YMCA directly.
At the YMCA, our program is fun as well as educational. The professionally trained staff helps children develop positive social skills through the YMCA’s Character Development Program. Every child is encouraged to practice the four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. As with any YMCA program, the YMCA School Age Care Curriculum focuses on the YMCA mission of a healthy spirit, mind and body.
Program Focus Areas
- Physical Fitness
- Homework Help
- 21st Century Skills
- Inclusions & Global Awareness
- College & Career Readiness
- Service Learning
- Parent & Family Engagement
- Leadership Development
YMCA members can register April 1. Non-YMCA members can register beginning April 16.
- Ages: Kindergarten – 5th grade
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Time: Before School Care: 7 a.m. – school begins, After School Care: school ends – 6:30 p.m.
- Location: JB Watkins Elementary – Students will be in the gy for drop-off and pick-up.
- Before School Care: $68 per week
- After School Care: $87 per week
- Before & After School Care: $106 per week
- Before School Care: $85 per week
- After School Care: $109 per week
- Before & After School Care: $127 per week
A non-refundable registration fee of $25 is required per child per school year.
For YMCA members, we offer a 10% multi-child discount for families with multiple children. (The first child pays full price with each additional child receiving a 10% discount.)
A 30 day notice will be given if transportation routes need to be changed or cancelled.
For billing, paperwork and administrative support:
Youth Development Call Center: 804.729.4825
Youth Development Email: [email protected]
For program questions, contact the staff:
Regional Director: Daniel Jongleux [email protected] 804.474.4317