Learn about gifted education possibilities
Chesterfield County parents are invited to learn about gifted education possibilities during Glimpse Into Gifted. The free event is for parents who wonder if their child is gifted and for parents whose child has been identified as gifted.
Glimpse Into Gifted will take place 5:30-8 p.m. Oct. 19 at Beulah Recreation Center (6901 Hopkins Road). Register here for the event, which includes pizza:
- 5:15 p.m.: doors open
- 5:30 p.m.: pizza dinner begins and info booths open
- 6:15 p.m.: main speaker
- 6:30 p.m.: breakout session 1
- 7:05 p.m.: breakout session 2
- 7:35 p.m.: breakout session 3
Info booths will feature programs offering enrichment and support, and breakout sessions will address these questions:
- How do I know if my child could be gifted?
- How does the process work to identify my child for gifted services?
- Can my child be identified as gifted and receive special education or English language services?
- How can I better understand my gifted child?
- How can I help my child deal with stress and anxiety?
- What can I do to nurture my child’s gifts and talents?